|Monday, 28 May, 2012||to||Saturday, 16 June, 2012|
The US Department of State organizes its annual International Visitor Leadership Program, from May 28th through June 16th, 2012.
The program pursues the following objectives:
- To examine the political environment in the U.S. during the presidential primaries, the domestic and international issues that influence the American electorate, the role of the media, and polling;
- To highlight the influence of new and social media in political campaigns and the elections in the U.S.;
- To explore the influence of the media, think tanks, lobbying organizations and political groups in foreign policy formulation;
- To examine leadership strategies and skills used to manage political challenges while balancing divergent social demands and interests;
- To explore how public-private partnerships foster political and civic engagement; and
- To identify the importance of community service and volunteerism in America.
Participants will vist US public and private institutions as well as leading civil society organizations in Washington D.C., New York, Sacramento, Manchester – New Hampshire, and Tampa – Florida.
Two members of Tajaddod Youth are taking part in this special program: Nassim Abi Ghanem and Rami Shamma.